Monday, September 14, 2009

This Week's News


Hello again,

A couple of pieces of news to share with you as we go into our first full week of school:
  • Just to reiterate what was covered in the emails last Friday, we will all get paid for the missing LID day that the state did not fund. The procedure that we're looking at is to have a sign-in sheet for the October LID day; if you're out that day, we'll make adjustments accordingly. If you have any questions, please ask!

  • A note about that restored day of pay. Seattle had to bargain all summer to get that for their employees; it was also a big issue in Sedro-Wooley, another district that was on the verge of strike this fall. Many local districts aren't getting the money at all.

    My point? In Medical Lake we've had this resolved since May, and I'd like to thank this opportunity to thank Dr. Veltri and the rest of the administrative team for coming up with the funds to protect teacher salaries.

  • If you have been subjected to an involuntary transfer, an overload, or have had your class schedule changed since school began, please let a member of the exec board or your building rep know ASAP. We'll be having our first Labor/Management meeting with the District soon, and all of these things need to be brought up.

  • I'll be putting out information later this week about our fall WEA-PAC drive. WEA-PAC is an organization that I believe in absolutely, and if you'd give it your thoughtful consideration I'd be grateful.

  • Finally, with my switch to a 5th/6th grade combo, my extension at Anderson has changed from x3625 to x3648. If you need me, that's where I'll be!
With thanks,

--Ryan--

No comments: