Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Happy Teacher Appreciation Day!


Today, May 6th, is Teacher Appreciation Day, a day to celebrate all that we are and all that we do in the classroom. I hope that you enjoyed your trinket from the district, the lunch catered by the PTA, and the other shows of appreciation that will go on today and this week.

The thing I appreciate most about the profession is that it’s family friendly. I’m working half-time this year so that I can be at home to help with my daughter, and it’s been a great thing for her, my wife, and I. I’m looking forward to the upcoming summer where I can spend even more time taking her out and watching her grow, and that’s not an opportunity I’d have in many other professions. If you'd like to share why you teach in the comments below, feel free--it could make for fun reading!

Speaking on behalf of the exec board, we’re all happy to serve you, the MLEA membership, in helping to make teaching here in Medical Lake all it can be. We thank you for your help on the various initiatives we’ve had this year; it's your voice that matters the very most. Feel good about yourself on this Teacher Appreciation Day—you’ve earned it.

With thanks,

--Ryan for the MLEA Exec Board--

No comments: