Thursday, November 13, 2008

In Loving Memory: Thelma Spillman

Hello MLEA members,

On Tuesday night Thelma Spillman passed on after a long battle with cancer. She spent many years at Blair Elementary teaching kindergarten down in the old Botteen Annex building, retiring right before the beginning of the 2003-2004 school year.

Thelma was a woman of faith--faith in the Lord, faith in other people, faith in the kids that she taught. She personified grace, dignity, and kindness in everything that she did, and the hundreds of kids she taught are all better for having known her.

We'll miss you, Mrs. Spillman.

--Ryan, for all the MLEA--

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

I was in Ms. Spillman's kindergarten class in 1987. She was a wonderful teacher, always encouraging and supportive. I ran into her during my senior year of high school, and she still remembered me, and was very interested in what all I was up to. That's the sign of a wonderful, remarkable person. Likewise, I have never forgotten her. She will truly be missed.