Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pride

I know there's a lot of you out there who would just as soon never here about WEA-PAC again.

I know there are many of you who would like to run the other direction when you see me or your building rep coming with a WEA-PAC form.

I know there are just as many more of you who would like to tell me to put that WEA-PAC form in a place the sun doesn't shine.

But, all that said, I am as proud as I can possibly be at how the first round of our WEA-PAC drive has gone, and thank with all my heart those of you who signed up to be members. We're doing great:

  • If you look at just the raw numbers, we've got more WEAPAC members than Deer Park and Pullman.
  • We've also got more WEAPAC members in Medical Lake than the Community Colleges of Spokane do, and they're three times our size.
  • We have more WEAPAC members in Medical Lake than Pullman, Newport, Colville, and Riverside combined!
  • On a percentage basis, we're ahead of East Valley and Cheney.
I'll have more information to send out to all of you shortly (probably after conference week and Thanksgiving) about some of the projections the WEA is making about the coming legislative session. I'll warm you up with the big news of the day, that we're facing a $5.1 billion dollar budget deficit now, and there's a ton of evidence to suggest that this legislative session is going to be one where we have to fight like mad to defend the gains we've made.

Your WEA-PAC money makes a difference in that fight. The next time you see your building rep coming with the sign-up sheet (we'll be having another drive this winter), please give it your thoughtful consideration.

With thanks,

--Ryan--

No comments: